- If you're going for the realistic type of thing, look for things around you. Go to the park or some other public place where there's a wide variety of people.
- If you're looking for the fantasy or fiction type of story, also go to a public place. Think of things that can't do in real life and use personification. For example, J. K Rowling wrote the first book of Harry Potter on a train station.
- If you want to go for something different, try using different perspectives or peculiar characters. (i.e story about two kids getting kidnapped in the view of the kidnapper)
- Let your imagination run!!!
- Think of the ending first, and then build up on it.
- Cut two random photos from the newspaper. Make one picture the ending and the other the beginning.
If you have any other tips or ideas, please share them with me!
Monday, April 25, 2011
What to do when you're blank of ideas.
A lot of people, either authors or writers, tend all to have the same problem when they're about to publish a fabulous story. They have no idea what to write about. Here are some ideas ans tips.