- Drink coffee or tea while writing.
- Dress casually.
- Look up into the ceiling for ideas.
- Take their notebook and pen/pencil with them everywhere.
- Have creative and non-lame names for characters. ( Lame: Bob, Creative: Charlotte)
- Keep a diary
- Eat only oranges and sweet treats.
- ALWAYS write your thoughts. Especially in this blog : )
- Builds a thinker's cap ( literally. Check out tha linkk!)
- Makes useless but pretty legit lists like these.
- Play cool simulation games such as Sims.
What do you do as a writer?
How to make a thinking cap! ~ http://www.professorsolomon.com/thinkingcap.html
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
A lot of people, either authors or writers, tend all to have the same problem when they're about to publish a fabulous story. They have no idea what to write about. Here are some ideas ans tips.
- If you're going for the realistic type of thing, look for things around you. Go to the park or some other public place where there's a wide variety of people.
- If you're looking for the fantasy or fiction type of story, also go to a public place. Think of things that can't do in real life and use personification. For example, J. K Rowling wrote the first book of Harry Potter on a train station.
- If you want to go for something different, try using different perspectives or peculiar characters. (i.e story about two kids getting kidnapped in the view of the kidnapper)
- Let your imagination run!!!
- Think of the ending first, and then build up on it.
- Cut two random photos from the newspaper. Make one picture the ending and the other the beginning.
If you have any other tips or ideas, please share them with me!