The worst part of writing almost anything, especially fictional stories, is the beginning. You have to try to make it simple, smart, original, interesting, and make your audience wanting for more in one sentence or two. No pressure, right? Well, I have made it easy for you, my friend. I will give you a really good starter and you get to write the story. One of my newest personal hobbies is taking a good starter and thinking of the millions of possibilities the story could be shaped and written. So, without further ado, here is a list of some awesome sentences that could make a good story.
• “Samantha always felt awkward talking to friends at their own funerals”
• “Harvey was insane, but he wasn't hurting anybody”
• “She dreamed of black birds up on the clear blue sky”
• “I would like to apologize for my behavior thus far.”
• “It wasn’t much- but it was everything”
• “It was a little rock, just like any other floating through space.”
• “As the stranger stepped into the town of Silari, the wind and the desert started whispering Alizee's name.”
• “Besides the sound of bacon sizziling the room was silent. Just six months ago a silent room this close to the hallway was hard to come by.”
• "Mr. John Warren just wanted to eat his sandwich."
• "They say your whole life flashes before your eyes when you die. What bullshit.”
• “The nuclear flash burnt a hole into one of Albert's retinas, which was fortunate, because he had been searching in vain for a place to hide the secret formula for the perfect martini."
• "Long fingernails impatiently tapped against the wooden window frame."
• “Nothing is free: warmth costs what the fire burns.”
• “In the face of an unanswerable question, some need an unquestionable answer.”
• “One morning, Don Pedro came to understand there is no distance like the lack of it.”
• “Elizabeth, I killed daddy.”
• “When the hardest person to live with is yourself, how much more are you willing to take?”
• “Receipts filled his pockets, like tokens to his regrets spelled out in numbers.”
I hope that’s enough to get you started on writing short stories. And in case I don’t see ya, good morning, good evening, and good night! (Truman show really is a great movie. Highly recommend watching it)
Disclaimer: I didn't make up all of these. Some are mine, some of them are from books, poetry, movies and the internet.